Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vine Street Rumble

Ever get mad at someone for being better than you? I do. It’s very frustrating when someone else outshines you, especially in an area you consider your forte. It can drive you nuts; at least it drives me nuts sometimes. It can be pretty aggravating. Occasionally, it will drive you to do better, to try and "beat" them, but most of the time it just sends you plummeting into a funk. (For lack of a better word.) And that just makes it worse. Personally, I haven’t found a perfect way around this, but I have found some tricks that help. Idea the first: Ignore them. That didn’t work, Good, that's what I thought. Idea the second: Find something else you are good at. If they’re “beating” you at history, “beat” them at math. Or something like that. It’s not the most mature course of action, but it makes me feel much better. Idea the third: (If all else fails) Remember that life is not a competition. They might be performing better than you at that moment, but so what. Find happiness in your work. That’s all that matters. And if you really can’t do that, I know a guy...

50 points to anyone who figures out the reason behind the title.

4 comments:

A Thinker said...

You know a girl, actually. LOL. and If i may guess? Cuase the prison society is at the corner of Broad and Vine? There was some fight or other nonsense way back when that only a history buff like yourself would know about?

Michael said...

No. I wrote this at the HHS Band concert and the Jazz Band was playing a song called Vine Street Rumble that was good. But close...lol

A Thinker said...

Dang it! well, I tried.

Kaitlin said...

Haha, we were just talking about my issues with this, I believe on the day it was posted? Before you got on the bus, yeah? Maturity is overrated.