Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In a Moment

Sleep? Funny.

An endless progression
One moment into
The next without
Pause

Living with no
Rest for mind and
Spirit broken by
Life without
Pause

Relentless pace
Slowly inexorably separating
The very essence of
Your being from
The body containing it
Life without pause

Told to rest
Unable to do so
Crumbling under the
Forces brought to
Bear thoughtlessly
Life without
Pause

Apologies for not writing in a while. I've have been quite busy and have had very little mental down time. I really need a break. (Snow day, that means you!) But I found some time to write this on the late bus home today. Hopefully more will be forthcoming.

Life isn't simple. And any man who tells you otherwise is either a liar or a fool.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I was just about to abuse you over texting for not posting at all lately. But I see you beat me to it.