Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti

There are somethings that I can never really comprehend. Birth and death are at the top of the list. But to see it on such a scale as in Haiti, I am struck speechless. And after leaning that something like that has happened, our natural reaction is, "I'm one person, what can I do to help?" That was the first thing that crossed my mind that Tuesday. And so I went about my life for the next few days, not feeling too good about myself, but not really able to figure out why. Then one night, I was tired of feeling like that, so I packed up my pay-check and sent it off to Doctors Without Borders. And after that I felt better. Now, a lot of people would say that I should still feel horrible for what happened. And I would agree with them. But in times of crisis, when every bit of help is needed, I think it is better to do the most that you can and then go about your life as best you can. Because if the whole world stopped and mourned overtime something tragic happened, the victims would have no one to help them. So do your part, help the people of Haiti. Please. But don't think that you can't make a difference. You can.

No comments: