Friday, July 16, 2010

And We Journey On...


So tomorrow, at 4:30 in the morning, I depart for two weeks in California with my cousins. It promises to be quite a journey, only me and my brother shall be traveling together. If only I can wake up in time for my flight.
On another note, I finally got my permit yesterday! After three attempts, I am at last allowed to drive! So far, I've been out in a few times and have yet to crash the car. So that's good. My mom has a manual transmission. After only a few stalls, I had the hang of it. Kind of. But I took my dad's car out this evening, my first time in traffic. Also a success! So far, so good! On yet another note, while on the ride to the DMV with my mom, we had a talk about liberation theology. Yeah, on the ride to get my permit, we talked about theology. That totally happens. But it was an interesting discussion. Basically, liberation theology is the idea that when ever you make a decision, you should always make the choice that will do the most for the poor. Well, I have to finish packing for the trip! I might be able to write in California. If not, I'll be back in a few weeks.

3 comments:

A Thinker said...

Have fun my friend!

Kaitlin said...

The Santa Ana basin in California is sinking at a rate of about 1/2 inch per year.

Michael said...

Thanks.

And you just love that fact, don't you?