Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Self-Enforced Idleness

Ok. So I've had a weird summer so far. Wonderful, but weird. During the school year I have very little free time, what with all my extra crap and whatnot. And during the last few summers, I've kept myself pretty well occupied. But this summer I don't have any camp, no volunteering (yet), and a job that's only on the weekends. It's wonderful! But it is also kind of odd. I stay up late and sleep in till noon. I haven't done anything productive all summer. Until today that is. I cleaned up the yard, did the laundry, and did a bunch of office work for my mom. Not a bad day's work. But some self-enforced idleness is a good thing. Or so they tell me...so hopefully this productiveness will not become a pattern.

The hardest work is to go idle. ~Yiddish Proverb

3 comments:

A Thinker said...

HAZZA!!! Congratulations my friend! You have officially realized what it means to be a teenager in summer! Now that you have joined the club, would you like a hoodie?

Michael said...

Haha Sure! Though wouldn't a hoodie be a little warm?

A Thinker said...

Then a t shirt perhaps?