Thursday, February 24, 2011

Credo in Unum...


It is very difficult, at least for me, to state what I believe. I know what I believe when confronted with an opposing view point, but when asked to present my credo, I come up short. I think that is a problem that holds true across humanity. It's a lot easier to be against a set of ideas than it is to stand for something. I can say I am against violence. My school is against strapless shirts. The United States is against terrorism. But it is much more difficult to stand for things. Very rarely will an organization come out with a list of things they believe and will fight for. Rather, it is more often a list of things to fight against. To oppose, rather than champion.

I believe that is is never right to kill anyone, ever. I believe that one should not judge others. One should be helpful whenever possible, and at least courteous when you can't. If you have the power to help others, you should help others. if you see a job, and know how to do it, do it. I believe that government's purpose is to protect and serve it's people. Science and religion are both important, they aren't opposites, and they aren't enemies. It is possible to understand, you just have to listen.

No comments: